EL_Baltag

Warum Gebannt!?

Moderator: [Security]

Baltag
NewBee
NewBee

EL_Baltag

Post by Baltag »

Hello every one , im new around /clanless , just started to play on this server around 4 or 5 days ago . SO conform with server rules @ harassment players i consider im unfair banned by / i dont know who from server -crew staff or admin has this char / O'Mally[x] who never stop since i start play to try kill me many times and of course he using better equipament ship etc and who know other " things" who gives him advantage in pvp , and i dont mean skills.. I saw him when start to play go and kill players in row... I consider this is an abuse . I was fighting vs empire in Alderaan and after my cargo was full i jumped in Unicon to sell cargo and ammo but i dindt becouse he log in and i jumped back in Alderaan and make my way to Cylonia. I docked in O.Delta to sell my cargo and he banned me just becouse i dint stay to kill me...geez.
" We run this server for everyone to have fun and feel comfortable. "
O'Malley
NewBee
NewBee

Re: EL_Baltag

Post by O'Malley »

I just created this account because i dont want ANYONE i dont tell it to know who i am. Some things here:
1. I am a Pirate. I can kill whoever i want.
2. I Didnt kill you even once.
3. I didnt want to kill you for now. i wanted to see how you react.
4. I am NEVER! unfair. Everyone has the chance to pay Tax. and i only kill once. if players attack me after that, i just defend myself.
5. You dont have to care if i am part of the servercrew, of a clan or anything else. this is my thing.
6. You were banned because of cheating. i was asking myself what was going on.

thats all i have to say. i break no rule, i play fair and so on. nothing more, nothing less. i do what my rp is. this is the pirate rp and i could be way more "annoying" like some would say. i could kill without even asking for tax, but i dont do. i kill one time and after that i defend myself. thats all.
Sonic
Senior Spammer
Senior Spammer

Post by Sonic »

O'Malley wrote:[...]1. I am a Pirate. I can kill whoever i want.[...]

[...]i could kill without even asking for tax, but i dont do. i kill one time and after that i defend myself. thats all.
Now this I find curious. Let's consult the rules regarding the Pirate RPG:
Server Rules wrote: Pirates are thugs. They rob, kill, and tax everybody without proir warning. They stockpile their treasures in their clansystems and are most agressiv. But as for the roleplay, even pirates are falling under certain rules.
Each player can be taxed only once every 24hrs. That rule apllies for the whole pirate clan.
i.e. A player gets taxed by a pirate. That player is good in all systems for 24 hrs and cannot be taxed by any clanmember within the next 24 hrs. An exception of that rule is the pirate home system.
Minimum is 2 million, maximum tax is 15 million.

Pirates are allowed to open fire against police tagged chars in firing range without previous action and prior warning, since they naturally expect getting attacked themselves.
This depends on how you interpret the server rules. I personally am kind of confused about the, apparently, redundant repetition at the end regarding the police chars. I mean, if you stated before that you could kill anyone, why would you repeat or stress the fact that you can shoot police without prior warning? It doesn't make sense.

These rules were taken from the Server Rules, not the Clan Rules, thus they apply for private players.

What I take away from this is the following:
- You can in fact not kill anyone anyway you like. The fact that, at the bottom of the rule text regarding the Pirate RPG, there's a statement that says when you can attack arbitrarily tells us that the text above is merely expository to the Pirate RPG's lore and nothing more.
- You have to tax, which then has to be denied before you can kill anyone that's not police.
- You can attack police tagged characters or clans arbitrarily as a pirate.

@ O'Malley

So, that you can arbitrarily kill anyone as pirate is wrong. However, there's really nothing preventing you from doing it anyway, seeing as there are no repercussions one way or the other if you do. So, if not ahereing to the RPG rules isn't sanctioned, I really don't see why you even need to respond. Just let him rage. You said you didn't even kill him, and if that's true, you did nothing wrong.
O'Malley
NewBee
NewBee

Post by O'Malley »

i just want him to understand my point. and the fact that he thinks i banned him is just insane. and with that point i had to explain myself in my opinion. but that doesn't matter now. he didnt seem to know that he was kicked/banned for cheating. i dont know why, he want even in sight.
By the way, i know i dindt do anything wrong. but i wanted to set things clear.
Baltag
NewBee
NewBee

Post by Baltag »

i DO not cheat here on other mod / server . I just landed on Valencia Outpost and start to sell some ammo when ive got banned and i think u ban. me thinking this char O'malley[x] owned by someone from server-crew .
O'Malley
NewBee
NewBee

Post by O'Malley »

i try to say it again, even if i would have the possibility to kick/ban you, what i dont have, i wouldnt do it. that would be strict against my code. I can just tell you what shows up ingame. the message that you was kicked for possible cheating. As i already said, i have nothing to do with.
Schmackbolzen
Mod Programmer / Server Maintenance
Mod Programmer / Server Maintenance

Post by Schmackbolzen »

This is just an automatic anti cheat measure. The log entry is
12/21/2014 23:00:03 Possible cheating detected (Sold more good than possible) by EL_Baltag
It can happen if you docked, but already are counted as dead (this happens if you already are exploding).

I have unbanned you. Next time just write me a PM and explain to me what happened. The automatic detection is not perfect ;)
Enter password to view signature: _
Baltag
NewBee
NewBee

Post by Baltag »

Thank you. maybe Valencia Outpost has a bug..... weird because i was there before selling ammo /cargo but without any " tail" :wink: . ThX again . When ill try to cheat ill tell you ,till then i play nice and clean.