Bad Connection Kicks / Kicks wegen schlechter Verbindung

Generelle Informationen über den Server, Mod, etc.!
General informations about the Server, Mod, etc.!

Moderator: [Security]

Schmackbolzen
Mod Programmer / Server Maintenance

Bad Connection Kicks / Kicks wegen schlechter Verbindung

Post by Schmackbolzen »

As you may have noticed people now get kicked because of high ping/loss/lag/ping fluctuation. The reason for this is, that the serverload reaches unplayable levels as soon as anyone with a bad connection joins. Since we can't change that, we have to kick the players. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Wie ihr evtl. bemerkt habt, werden Spieler neuerdings aufgrund high ping/loss/lag/ping fluctuation gekickt. Der Grund dafür ist, dass die Serverbelastung ziemlich schnell unspielbares Niveau erreicht, sobald ein Spieler mit einer schlechten Verbindung den Server betritt. Da wir das nicht ändern können, müssen wir solche Spieler kicken. Tut uns leid, falls das zu Problemen führt.
Enter password to view signature: _
Rattlesnake
Senior Spammer
Senior Spammer

Re: Bad Connection Kicks / Kicks wegen schlechter Verbindung

Post by Rattlesnake »

i do understand the need of lag kicks, in order to balance the serverload in conjunction with the available bandwidth, but what i dont understand is the fact, that sometimes in battles there are ppl, lagging as hell, jumping crisscross all over the screen, sometimes making 1 k jumps back and forth almost impossible to hit and they are not getting kicked at all, while certain others getting constantly kicked...? I dont get that part, unless you convince me my eyes playing games with me and the server does translate the word lag into something else...

R

‘Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side’
Schmackbolzen

Post by Schmackbolzen »

As long as there is the problem with high server load it's hard to balance the thresholds right, since the calculation is based on fixed time steps and i'm not yet sure how the longer serverside cycles affect the whole calculation. But we are working on that.
Enter password to view signature: _
Rattlesnake
Senior Spammer
Senior Spammer

Post by Rattlesnake »

thx for the update...

at least im positive now my eyes dont play games with me. And hopefully one day, the real laggers will be caught... :P :mrgreen:

good to hear ur busy on the issue...

R

‘Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side’