How to make a backupfile of your FL MPid

Talk about ...

Moderator: [Security]

mindhunter
Head Modder
Head Modder

How to make a backupfile of your FL MPid

Post by mindhunter »

This tutorial will show how to create a shortcut button for the current Freelancer multiplayer ID, for your PC user.
After this, you simply need to click on the shortcut and the ID will be extracted and ready for use.
If you use multiple IDs, this allows you to change your FL ID’s in seconds.

Open your start menu and click on perform, so you get a little window, now write “regedit” in the white box.

Click OK.
Another window will come up now, it's called “registry editor”!
Now you have to be very careful, the registry is part of the main files and any edit can cause heavy problems.
We wont edit anything, we simply want to do a copy/backup of some files.

Now click on “HKEY_CURRENT USER / Software / Microsoft / Microsoft Games / Freelancer / 1.0”.
What you should get, is something that looks like this.

Now do one right mouse click on the 1.0 folder and click on extract/export.
A save window shows up, now click on desktop as save location, insert the name you want for the ID (I will use “CLR acc” as example) and click on save.

Now look at your desktop there will be a new file that looks like this.

You are done now.
Your Freelancer account files are saved, you can now click on it and all your chars will show up.
But be careful this file includes your CD-Key, so better don’t send those file to other players.
If you have more than one ID that you use, simply need to change your pc user and redo all the steps, save the file on Floppy, USB-stick or something else, and move to your main pc user.

For example:
I have 1 main FL ID on my main PC user, within my CLR and R-39 chars the steps above show you how I made a backup from this ID (within the chars).
Then I switched to my second PC user (within my secondary FL ID, includes my Pirate and trader) and did all the steps again, so I got a second file.
I moved that second files to my main pc user and now I’m able to switch my FL ID’s in seconds.
Just close FL click on the ID file you wish and restart FL.

I hope this will help some of you to avoid the boring switching between users or the use of the bugged FLID changer.
I am sorry the pictures are in German, but my window’s is German and I was not able to make it English.
PLZ feel free to edit or extend this tutorial (you could change the pictures to English ones), if you do so, it would be nice if you could send me a note about that.

Cya in space
Mindhunter©

Lebe lustig, lebe froh, was kommen soll kommt sowieso....
Enjoy every day of your life!
Chefredakteur
NU Captain
NU Captain

Post by Chefredakteur »

Nice tutorial thx

nice Desktop ^^
mindhunter
Head Modder
Head Modder

Post by mindhunter »

That is a screen i made 2 years ago when NQ was a active server, the background is a Startup/loading screen i made for NQ in that time and cause they did not use (they used a another screen they got from the net) i decided to use it as background so the time was not wasted.

Lebe lustig, lebe froh, was kommen soll kommt sowieso....
Enjoy every day of your life!